Well a productive morning as I stepped into the world of furniture making. I have never done this before so it was interesting to say the least. I started by making a few coffin lids for the 'Dead' area. Had to go for a couple of different sizes - got to get the practicalities right. ;-)
I used card for this. Then I thought that I would need a bench for the reserves area. More card and then some cut down match sticks for the legs.
This got my confidence going so I gave one of the coffins some sides and am pleased with how it is looking. All very intricate but worthwhile. I went for the larger size as those Mummies will be needing somewhere to lay down. They seem to spend a lot of time in the 'Dead' area - usually self inflicted!
Finally, I was feeling particularly brave and tried to make a table. Well McMourning was going to need somewhere to do his cutting. More card and matchsticks and I had something. So I made another for the 'KO'd' area. Something to lay down on whilst those nurses get to work with their needles. I hope it all holds together. I have caked it with glue - both super glue and PVA. I suppose I could try bracing the legs of the table - we'll see. I am thinking the one in the 'KO'd' area could be more of a bed whilst the one in the 'Dead' area could have a metallic finish - easier to wash away the blood ;-)
It is coming along nicely. I will need to think about the walls, floor and other bits next. The PVA that I plastered on the walls has taken some of the grain out of the timber - but not all.
I may even pay a visit to Hobbycraft to see if there is anything there that might be useful. I am nearly out of PVA glue.
I am also thinking that it would be nice to have a few small surprises in there somewhere. I was thinking back to my Necromunda days and I think I might have a few rats and spiders somewhere. They might be a bit big. I will have a search. A goblin chasing a rat out of the corner of the Dead area might be funny.