Friday 24 January 2014

Da Boyz are on the scrounge

Having had a little bit of time to think things through I have decided to build an Orc dugout. With this in mind Da Boyz were sent out to scour the surrounding area for suitable pieces of debris to act as construction materials.

This is a little folly that I put together some time ago. At the time I was enjoying Warhammer 40k and my Orks were going through a phase of playing against the Dark Templars Blood Angels. We agreed to build a couple of objectives so this was my offering called 'Disassembling a Rhino'.


The thing about scrounging is that it is important to look everywhere.


You just never know what you might find.


And good teamwork is always important.

Anyway - that was just a bit of fun.

I have done a bit more work on the dugout itself by applying a load of PVA. The aim is to smooth out the surfaces before paint application.


I have been fairly liberal in turns of application. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, once dry. I am doing the surface separately so that they get a chance to dry out when in the horizontal position. This is the first piece of terrain that I have built for a very long time and I am enjoying it.

4 comments:

  1. haha that's brilliant - I love the drill, looks like you used an actual piece of drill bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - I have used that little guy on lots of models over the years. Various vehicles had him in the saddle. I'm not sure how he came to be, in beginning. I do love him though.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of the Ork there to be "re-assigned" as a Doc… with a huge machete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just right for the work required to those Mummies ;-)

      Delete