Thursday 23 January 2014

Blood Bowl Dugout Construction

Hello there sports fans.

I have been looking at some of the online Blood Bowl games thanks to Youtube. It is great to see the variety that can be brought to the games by hosting them in different venues. I got to thinking about what an Orc stadium might be like, or a Skaven one for that matter.

It seems to me that what surrounds the pitch gives the atmosphere. The cheering fans, the cheerleaders and coaches - its all part of it.

The obvious place to start is probably the dugout. I has a rummage around in the garage and shed to see if I had any suitable materials. I 'dug out (excuse the pun) a few tools and before I knew it I was off and running. Measuring and marking, cutting and nailing. I give you my new dugout.


Now the big question is - Orc or Skaven? Either way I think it would be good if it looked like a stone construction of some kind . Emmm. I think I need to do some planning.

If I went the Skaven route - I could maybe do something with a sewer theme, pipes and drains and stuff.

For the Orcs I think lots of spiky bits with slabs of iron plate.

Oh the muse is upon me......the question is where will it take me. He he.

7 comments:

  1. glad to see you running with this - be sure to check out the talkfantasyfootball forum - tons of inspiration and ideas there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed you got any joy with that saw…lol, it's a beautiful rust colour.
    I would say the wood was more Orky. You could make a stone sewer dug out using polystyrene packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you had a recent tetanus injection! Foam sheet and a biro will give you bricks, painted up then dribble uho glue for dripping water.

    This looked amazing too: http://thenutoncave.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/jade-triad-table-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now now - that saw has been with me for over 20 years! It may not look it, but it is much loved :-)

      Delete
    2. What a link - that guy is pure genius!

      Delete
  4. He He! Orc dugouts I imagine to be like typical cobbled together like stuff shields and totems n stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a major trip to the bitz box coming on - and I have the mother of all bitz boxes, I can tell you. Especially when it comes to Orcs!

      Delete