However the world has moved on, as I discovered on a recent visit to the Games Workshop.
To start textured bases - this was completely new to me. I found myself wondering what quantity to use. I had even bought a plastic applicator. This is what I went with in the end. I tried a few models including the base for the Recon Drone.
This wasn't quite what I was expecting but hi ho. We soldier on.
I undercoated and waited for everything to dry.
In the mean time I tried the new colours on one of my older models.
I have purchased a base layer, wash and two highlights for the tan colour scheme and the blues for the face. I first applied the base colours and then followed up with the wash.
It all looked a bit dark but I could see how things were working. After some time I went on to the first high light. I then picked out a few details here and there and it was coming along quite nicely.
|Old and new together|
I am pleased with the progress and the desert type feel to the bases. I might try and add the odd tuft of brown grass or something. Overall though, I am quite enjoying the new painting methodology. I think they will look good on the board.
It feels good to be working on a completely new army using unfamiliar colours and methods.