Sunday 26 April 2015

Salute 2015 - an inspiration and a new project

Yesterday was the annual outing to Salute. I always travel in hope and sometimes, just sometimes you come across little gems that surprise and delight. It makes the day worthwhile. Yesterday was filled with such moments - a great day out.

I found a new game that I have high hopes for, Guild Ball!

We enjoyed Blood Bowl last year. It was pure joy and a pity that it is unsupported. Guild Ball can hopefully provide a similar experience. I watched some of the game play at a couple of demo games and fell in love with models.

The idea is that it is a ball game played between Guilds. Each team has unto 6 players. The Guilds are the Butchers, Fishermans, Brewers, Masons, Alchemists, Morticians and Engineers. These are supplements by a group called the Union. I have yet to read the rules and work out how it really works but it looks in interesting.

My team will be the Masons. The female models called to me.


There was a deal at the event that got me two starters sets (one for me and one for the Dark Templar) and a book of rules for £50. Each set comes with three models which, I am told, is all that is needed to get a feel for the game.


The models are beautiful. I have Honour, Harmony and Mallet.





I seem to have an alternative sculpt for Honour but hi ho. The models themselves are metal and have separate arms that will require pinning.

I was also surprised and delighted to find a football in the box.










10 comments:

  1. Brillant! Another distraction, does look cool though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have too many distractions - what we need is some playing time :-)

      Delete
  2. My friend bought a load of this yesterday at Salute. It doesn't look my particular cup of tea tbh... but I could be tempted, so I look forward to seeing what you get up to with these. I myself bought a few Batman minis, so finding your blog is doubly helpful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seemed to be buying a lot of Batman stuff. I made some additions myself and looking forward to the ongoing journey.

      Delete
  3. They do have some cool looking minis. I quite like the fishermen faction. The guy behind the sculpts for them is doing The Shattered Crown game that will be coming to kickstarter later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shattered Crown - I'll have to keep my eyes open for that. The guy has skills and no mistake.

      Delete
    2. We have an open beta for the Shattered Crown on Facebook where you can download rules and join in the discussion which will shape the game https://m.facebook.com/groups/760880850631879

      Delete
    3. We have an open beta for the Shattered Crown on Facebook where you can download rules and join in the discussion which will shape the game https://m.facebook.com/groups/760880850631879

      Delete
  4. There seem to be plenty of "ball" games out these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am hoping that this one delivers on the fun scale :-)

      Delete