Wednesday 21 October 2015

1970's inspiration - can you help?

I am looking at the remaining figures in the VIP lineup and in need of inspiration. I have the hospital orderly and the 1970's black guy to go. Lets start in the 70's.

The 1970's was all about big collars and flared trousers and some mad colour schemes. A hangover from the flower power 60's I guess. I have three remaining models to paint for the 1970's black guy.

I was really unhappy with my first attemptNeema went much better especially when it came to the skin tones. I need to get a good colour scheme combined with much better skin tones and a decent level of attention to detail.

Inspiration, 1970's, dancing, disco diva ..... It came to me.


Tony Manero - He has the suit, the waist coat, the big collar. All white baby, thats the way to go. If I can pull it off he will have genuine character.

With my thinking cap properly screwed on I got to thinking about any other 1970's characters that were iconic.


Well Huggy Bear from Starchy and Hutch would have to be up there and his dress sense was, well, unique. This man did like a coat.

So this leads to to the final model. Have you guys any thoughts? I would welcome your input.

2 comments:

  1. I would need to see the final model to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you'd be needing is some good old blacksploitation movies, off the top of my head stuff like Coffy, Foxy Brown, Super Fly, Sweet Sweetbacks Baadassss Song and Shaft. A really good spoof of the genre featuring lots of "pimp" wear is I'm Gonna Get You Sucka. Hpoe that helps dude!

    ReplyDelete