Sunday 22 November 2015

Marbles

Now this has become an interesting journey. I wasn't sure what to expect by way of the model for this guy. The drawing provided looks a lot like a gorilla.


Broad shoulders and short nose, quite stocky with a short neck. But when the model arrived it just didn't feel that way to me. The model has a long nose and narrow face with narrow shoulders. I thought about it for a while and was struck by its similarity to the baboon.


The more I thought about it the more it seems to be the right direction for me to take.


I had great fun picking out the colours and now he is quite an imposing chap. There is one flaw in that he should have a long tail. But maybe he lost that in a game of Guild Ball ..... its those Butchers you know, always on hand with a sharp knife ;-)

Marbles - I welcome you to team Masons!

13 comments: