Wednesday 19 July 2017

Its choppa time!

Last night we played our first game of Warhammer 40k, 8th Edition. The Dark Templar brought his infamous Dark Templar marines to the table and I dusted off my trusty Orks. He has been building this army for as long as I have known him.

My Orks
I brought 30 Boyz, 30 Stormboyz, 15 Lootas in a Battlewagon along with a Warboss. Nothing complicated so that we could get a feel for the game.

It wasn't long before I was using my chopper like a can opener on those lovely shiny marines.

30 Stormboyz will make a mess alright
To be fair we were just messing around. This is not the 40k we are used to at all! We were learning the new rules and unlearning everything we thought we knew and still making tonnes of errors. Our dice rolling was also shockingly poor, I mean seriously!

It was good fun but it did feel odd.

A picture speaks a thousand words
 How did it work out? Take a good look at the picture and judge for yourself. A satisfactory collection of heads to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun and I do love that last photograph! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta poke the bear man :-)

    ReplyDelete