I spent some time at the painting table and made great use of the magnifier to bring Elsa to life. I used the painting plan that I discussed in my previous post. I am quite happy with the result.
I got the facial detail without swamping the model with paint. The definition is retained. I did the eyes and got them on the first attempt. This has been a historic issue for me. I find the pupil very difficult. On this occasion I went with the small vertical black line over the white eyeball. I then covered the the over paint with flesh colour both under and over the eye.
The flesh tones worked out OK. I can do better on this front but that will be for another day.
I used grey paint with blue washes on the guns. There is a final highlight to pick up the top most edges.
I used the light grey layering technique on the cat suit and a black wash to knock it back. The wash worked really well. I was worried that is was all too grey at one point. I used the white hair line highlight very sparingly and it does draw the eye.
The hair was a mess and it took several attempts. I had over used the highlights at one point such that it was really distracting. I knocked it all back and just picked out some of the edges in the end.
I still have the Zombivor to do. I plan to follow a different route for the catsuit. Robert Audin commented that he paints the black areas dark grey, then adds highlights and finally knocks it back with black washes. I think that this sounds good and I am looking forward to trying it out.